The Mora Education Foundation was founded in December 2003 as a 501(C)3 non-profit organization.
Founding members are Marty Carlson, Trisha Gravning, Roger Nieboer, Gin Peterson, Dick Roesler, Susan Scheer-Dhein, Jani Sigstad, Dan Wilkens, and Principal Keith Lester.
The mission of MEF is to enhance the education of Mora Public School learners by supporting innovative initiatives through the development and application of community resources.
The Mora Education Foundation is a community-based nonprofit that exists to; enhance the education of learners and support innovative learning initiatives in the Mora MN School District area.
This is done through a grant application process and anyone in the community may apply for a grant.
The Mora Education Foundation is…
- A nonprofit organization created by Mora community members
- Committed to enhancing the education of Mora Public School learners by supporting innovation initiatives through the development and application of community resources
- An independent organization; not an extension of Mora Public Schools
The Mora Education Foundation will:
- Establish relationships with all aspects of the community from which learners can benefit
- Develop financial and other resources through grants, bequests, gifts and events
- Develop strategies to recognize and encourage teaching excellence
- Enhance staff expertise and resources
- Use funds to facilitate student achievement and skills development
- Expand community involvement of individuals, parents, businesses and civic organizations.